1) Happ & Stahns Rose Alba Perfume - I asked for this for Christmas after falling entirely in love with the bottle at Anthropologie. It's almost as if I designed it: a vintage looking green bottle with a pin cushion top where you can put in the five pins they include? The scent is alright, but it's the bottle I most adore. It's perfect--much preferable to anything by Gucci, Dior, or whoever. It just looks like me.
2) Violet Body Oil - I also received this as a gift. I had never considered violet as a fragrance (this is basically a pure violet aroma), but once I put some on, it just felt right. It's a sweet smell, but with an edge to it. I wouldn't have guessed I'd like wearing the fragrance so much.
3) Chelsea & Violet Sweater - I picked this one up for myself with some post-Christmas money. At around $110, it was a big purchase, but I had seen it before and liked it. It's one of those chunky, basic sweaters that I feel will still be wearable years from now. I also like the dimension in the cream color.
4) Tarte Collection - This was Tarte's holiday set, including a set of mini lip glosses, a brush, an eyeshadow palette, a mini mascara, a mini blush, and a mini finishing powder. It all comes in this carrying case that has a built-in mirror. I've been trying to get more Tarte products, so I knew I had to get this one. I was most excited about the eyeshadows: much as I love Urban Decay's Naked Palette, I was feeling guilty about not using a natural eyeshadow. But I've also really been enjoying the blush, and the lip glosses have a nice selection.
5) The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Chronicles - Hobbit, people, you've all seen or heard about this book. It is an amazing collection of pictures, concept art, and quotes by all the wonderful artists involved in the movie. At $40, it's a pricey but also a statement piece--though my copy comes from Costco, where it was nearly half off. A must for anyone who loves The Hobbit and moviemaking.
6) Fresh Sugar Tinted Lip Balms Trio - I talked about getting samples of some of these before. Once your lips feel this lip balm, they will never let you go without it. It has such a luxurious, healing feel. The colors also absorb nicely, giving you a fresh and natural look. Honey is more for everyday, while Passion and Berry are a bit darker.
7) The Movie Theatre - I love going out to movies, whether it's by myself or with other people. This month, it's been all about The Hobbit and Les Miserables. Both were great for being themselves. (By the way, I will soon be comparing the 3D version of the former to the HFR 3D version.)
8) Leggings & Tights - When the Arizona winter is cold but not arctic, I like to wear dresses with leggings or tights and set up a layered look. It can help me not look like an eskimo when it's a little cold but the sun is still out and also offers more variety than just wearing jeans all winter long.
9) Tarte Lip Color Collection - I was so happy to get this set as a present: Tarte makes such nice lip colors. I also like that this set doesn't have wild colors: they're ones I know I can use for daily wear without feeling like I'm overdoing it.
10) Mini Telescope Necklace - I got this trinket years ago at World Market and decided I could string it onto a long chain to make it into a necklace. It's ridiculous, and it looks great against the canvas of my new sweater.